I’m learning Terraform.
This is just a list of stuff that might help me to work with it better.
- Prettyplan help you view large Terraform plans with ease. Unecessary as of Terraform 0.12.
- Infracost shows cloud cost estimates for Terraform projects.
- driftctl tracks how well your IaC codebase covers your cloud configuration. driftctl warns you about drift.
- tflint. A Pluggable Terraform Linter. Finds possible errors for major cloud providers, warns about deprecated syntax and unused declarations, enforces best practices and naming conventions.
- Terraform Parliament Parliamente for Terraform. Doesn’t support S3 bucket policies yet.
- Terragrunt is a thin wrapper that provides extra tools for keeping your configurations DRY, working with multiple Terraform modules, and managing remote state. * Terraform AWS Secure Baseline is a module to set up your AWS account with the secure baseline configuration based on CIS Amazon Web Services Foundations and AWS Foundational Security Best Practices.
- AirIAM is an AWS IAM to least privilege Terraform execution framework. It compiles AWS IAM usage and leverages that data to create a least-privilege IAM Terraform that replaces the exiting IAM management method.
- tfsec uses static analysis of your terraform templates to spot potential security issues
- Terrascan detects security vulnerabilities and compliance violations across your Infrastructure as Code
- Atlantis runs terraform plan and apply remotely and comments back on the pull request with the output. * Terraformer generates tf/json and tfstate files based on existing infrastructure (reverse Terraform). * Terragrunt example infrastructure shows an example of how to use modules without duplicating any of the Terraform code.
- kics keeps cloud infrastructure secure. Find security vulnerabilities, compliance issues, and infrastructure misconfigurations early in the development cycle of your infrastructure-as-code.
- Terrahub is enterprise friendly GUI to show realtime terraform executions, as well as auditing and reporting capabilities for historical terraform runs.
- tool-compare A test suite to compare Checkov, Indeni Cloudrail, Kics, Snyk, Terrascan, and Tfsec.
- tfquery Run SQL queries on yout Terraform infrastructure.
- tfnotify parses Terraform commands’ execution result and applies it to an arbitrary template and then notifies it to GitHub comments etc.
- Terraformer is a CLI tool that generates tf/json and tfstate files based on existing infrastructure (reverse Terraform).
- yor is an open-source tool that helps add informative and consistent tags across infrastructure-as-code frameworks such as Terraform, CloudFormation, and Serverless.