I’m learning Terraform.
This is just a list of stuff that might help me to work with it better.
- Prettyplan help you view large Terraform plans with ease. Unecessary as of Terraform 0.12.
- Infracost shows cloud cost estimates for Terraform projects.
- driftctl tracks how well your IaC codebase covers your cloud configuration. driftctl warns you about drift.
- tflint. A Pluggable Terraform Linter. Finds possible errors for major cloud providers, warns about deprecated syntax and unused declarations, enforces best practices and naming conventions.
- Terraform Parliament Parliamente for Terraform. Doesn’t support S3 bucket policies yet.
- Terragrunt is a thin wrapper that provides extra tools for keeping your configurations DRY, working with multiple Terraform modules, and managing remote state. * Terraform AWS Secure Baseline is a module to set up your AWS account with the secure baseline configuration based on CIS Amazon Web Services Foundations and AWS Foundational Security Best Practices.
- AirIAM is an AWS IAM to least privilege Terraform execution framework. It compiles AWS IAM usage and leverages that data to create a least-privilege IAM Terraform that replaces the exiting IAM management method.
- tfsec uses static analysis of your terraform templates to spot potential security issues
- Terrascan detects security vulnerabilities and compliance violations across your Infrastructure as Code
- Atlantis runs terraform plan and apply remotely and comments back on the pull request with the output. * Terraformer generates tf/json and tfstate files based on existing infrastructure (reverse Terraform). * Terragrunt example infrastructure shows an example of how to use modules without duplicating any of the Terraform code.
- kics keeps cloud infrastructure secure. Find security vulnerabilities, compliance issues, and infrastructure misconfigurations early in the development cycle of your infrastructure-as-code.
- Terrahub is enterprise friendly GUI to show realtime terraform executions, as well as auditing and reporting capabilities for historical terraform runs.
- tool-compare A test suite to compare Checkov, Indeni Cloudrail, Kics, Snyk, Terrascan, and Tfsec.
- tfquery Run SQL queries on yout Terraform infrastructure.
- tfnotify parses Terraform commands’ execution result and applies it to an arbitrary template and then notifies it to GitHub comments etc.
- Terraformer is a CLI tool that generates tf/json and tfstate files based on existing infrastructure (reverse Terraform).
- yor is an open-source tool that helps add informative and consistent tags across infrastructure-as-code frameworks such as Terraform, CloudFormation, and Serverless.
- Confectionery is a library of rules for the Conftest tool. These rules can be used to detect misconfigurations in Terraform plans and other configuration file formats. The terraform rules also leverage the Regula library to assist with the parsing of Terraform plans.
- Terve is a unified, minimal terraform and terragrunt version manager. A possible replacement for tgenv and tfenv.
- hcledit reads HCL from stdin, edits and writes to stdout, easy to pipe and combine with other commands. HCL (Hashicorp Configuration Language) is the language used to write Terraform configuration. Terraform also accepts JSON input, but this could be helpful for manipulating the more familiar format.
- OTS: Open Terraforming Server is a prototype open source alternative to Terraform Enterprise.